The EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum published the report of its workshop on the draft EU Markets in Crypto Assets (MiCA) Regulation, held on 19 January 2021.
The workshop’s agenda was:
- Welcome by Peteris Zilgalvis, Head of Unit, Digital Innovation and Blockchain, DG CONNECT,Co-Chair, FinTech Task Force, EC
- Independent academic overview (Presentation on the main points of MiCA and PILOT),•Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center & Assistant•Prof. Dr. Agata Ferreira, Warsaw University of Technology
- “INATBA position paper on the regulation on MiCA” by Marc Taverner, Executive Director, INATBA
- Panel Discussion: “Implications of the revised MiCA regulation for the industry”,•Jan Ceyssens, Head of Digital finance Unit, DG FISMA,•Jennifer D’hoir, Senior Advisor, GIDE LOYRETTE NOUEL A.A.R.P.I.,•Marc Taverner, Executive Director, INATBA,•Jeffrey Bandman, Founder, Bandman Advisors,•Robert Kopitsch, BC4EUModerated by: Dr. Nina Siedler, DWF
- Panel Discussion: “International Experience & Views”,•Valerie Szczepanik, US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC),•Dr. Robert Wardrop, University of Cambridge, Centre for Alternative Finance,•Thomas Dünser, Director, Government of Liechtenstein,•Peter Kerstens, Advisor, EU Commission, DG FISMAModerated by: Pēteris Zilgalvis, Head of Unit, EU Commission, DG CNECT
A summary of the different panels, slides and recordings of the workshop are available on the Forum’s website here.